Vaclovas Biržiška Library
- Print information resources: more than 59 000 items on philosophy, history, art, theology, philology, literature, foreign languages study books, the latest dissertations, habilitation works and their summaries, daily papers. Stock is open for users.
„100×100“collection of philosophy publications;
Rūta Staliliūnaitė personal library;
Asian books space (the stock of Ch. Sugihara House Library was moved in 2016)
Item arrangement scheme in the library.
Item search and request: information about print publications is presented in the library catalogue, course reading catalogue and VMU virtual library. Items lent for longer term can be ordered in advance. There is self-service facility of item loan and return.
Item loan/return: items are read on site or lent home for month (possibility to request through library catalogue) and a semester.
- Electronic information resources:
- Databases, recommended to the Faculty of Humanities.
- Databases, recommended to the Faculty of Arts.
- Databases, recommended to the Faculty of Catholic Theology.
- Electronic information resources in e-publication repository.
- Guides by subject.
- Open access databases and search systems for scientific information.
Trainings and consultations:
- Library staff give consultations about library services and resources, search of information in the library website, search of print and electronic information resources in library catalogues and databases, and other library services.
- Trainings. You can request trainings in advance by e-mail, phone or coming to the library.
170 work places for readers, 3 individual/group study spaces (for 1-4 persons). Booking (currently unavailable)
Space for disabled persons provided with special equipment. Booking (currently unavailable)
Relaxation space (12 settees).
There are 54 computers for study and research and 33 work places for work with personal computers in the library.
Wireless network “Eduroam” is available. Computer configuration instructions are provided in the University intranet.
Qualitative data analysis program „SPSS IBM Statistics 22“ can be used by 5 University community members at a time.
Qualitative data analysis program „NVivo 10“ can be used by 2 University community members at a time.
- Library today
- Mission and vision
- Agriculture Academy Library
- Agriculture Academy Library. Central Library
- Agriculture Academy Library. Textbook Library
- Agriculture Academy Library: dates and events
- Central Repository
- Education Academy Library
- Leonidas Donskis Library
- Music Academy Library
- Mykolas Romeris Library
- President Valdas Adamkus Library
- Vaclovas Biržiška Library
- Vincas Čepinskis Library
- How to find
- Inside library
- Library support