Vaclovas Biržiška Library
- Print information resources: more than 45 000 items on philosophy, history, art, theology, philology, literature, foreign languages study books, the latest dissertations, habilitation works and their summaries, daily papers. Stock is open for users.
„100×100“collection of philosophy publications;
Rūta Staliliūnaitė personal library;
Asian books space (the stock of Ch. Sugihara House Library was moved in 2016)
Item arrangement scheme in the library.
Item loan/return: items are read on site or lent home for 3 weeks (possibility to request through library catalogue) and a semester. There is self-service facility of item loan and return in the library and one facility of return outside the building (K. Donelaičio St. 52) operating 24/7.
- Electronic information resources:
- Databases, recommended to the Faculty of Humanities.
- Databases, recommended to the Faculty of Arts.
- Databases, recommended to the Faculty of Catholic Theology.
- Electronic information resources in e-publication repository.
- Links by subject.
- Open access databases and search systems for scientific information.
Trainings and consultations:
- Library staff give consultations about library services and resources, search of information in the library website, search of print and electronic information resources in library catalogues and databases, and other library services.
- Trainings. You can request trainings in advance by e-mail, phone or coming to the library.
170 work places for readers, 3 individual/group study spaces (for 1-4 persons). Booking
Space for disabled persons provided with special equipment.
Relaxation space (12 settees).
There are 54 computers for study and research and 33 work places for work with personal computers in the library.
Wireless network “Eduroam” is available. Computer configuration instructions are provided in the University intranet.
Qualitative data analysis program „SPSS IBM Statistics 22“ can be used by 5 University community members at a time.
Qualitative data analysis program „NVivo 10“ can be used by 2 University community members at a time.