The mission of the library is to provide effective, high-quality services related with the university publishing and organization of access for the university community to information resources for studies, research and professional qualification.
The aims of the library in the implementation of this mission:
- to promote the university authors to publish, provide expeditious publishing services, make account, distribute, disseminate (both in Lithuania and the world) production published by the university;
- to coordinate traditional and electronic publishing, using advanced publishing technologies;
- to acquire, organize, preserve, provide access to information resources published by the university and other necessary resources for study and research;
- to develop modern and user-friendly library space (physical and electronic) and service infrastructure;
- to improve users‘ information literacy skills and competences by offering to them educational programmes ensuring successfullearning, research and professional leadership in the context of knowledge society;
- to ensure library cooperation both in the university and elsewhere participating in national and international projects, organizations;
- to ensure competences and skills of library staff meeting the users‘ expectations, promote continuous professional staff development.