Mission and vision
The mission of the Library is to provide the University students, lectures and researchers with information resources and academic information services, create high-quality study environment, develop advanced library technologies and the information literacy of the University community members.
- ensure qualitative stock accumulation, storage and accessibility to the information resources necessary for studies and research;
- create a favorable and advanced physical and electronic library information environment and services infrastructure;
- ensure dissemination of Library resources and services, increase the visibility and usability of the University research output;
- develop information literacy skills and competences of the University community ensuring successful learning, scientific activity and professional leadership;
- participate in projects, organizations, to take over innovative experience of academic library management, work organization and modernization of services;
- promote the continuous development of the competences of Library staff in order to ensure the highest quality of provided services.
Library vision. The library infrastructure, services, tools that best meet teaching and research needs.
The library ensures:
- optimal mass of academic literature by expanding its range of e. resources;
- storage and visibility of University’s academic research output and activities in Current Research Information System VDU CRIS;
- implementation of Open science policy, open access to University study / research output and research data;
- new interactive services, tools and technologies in a highly accessible e. library, independent of time and place;
- an integrated and differentiated physical and electronic library information environment;
- a wide range of online training courses in academic communications skills.