VMU scientific production
VMU research management system (VMU CRIS)
VMU research management system (VMU CRIS) is the infrastructure of services and means for the collection, management, preservation, dissemination and assessment of scientific output created by the University community. CRIS is suitable tool for extracting business intelligence indicators for decision-making purposes at institution. It consists of:
- Publication database. There are registered all university science publications in the database. The purpose of the database is the comprehensive search, access and dissemination.
- Database of Master theses, Doctoral dissertations and their summaries (ETD). It contains information and / or e- documents of final theses and dissertations.
- E-publication repository. It designed for storage and management of scientific publications, master theses, doctoral dissertations, and their summaries (ETD), university-published e-books and journals, and other documents. In order to implement the Open Access Principles, the most important thing of the repository is to organize access to the University research and study works, to ensure their dissemination and long-term preservation.
- University scientists database. It collects information about a researcher’s scientific interests, research activities, careers, achievements, etc. Links to publications, coordinated projects are provided. The profile of each researcher has a permanent web address.
- University projects database. It provides information on projects coordinated by the University and / or partner-led. Links to scientists and departments involved in the project are provided. Each project has a permanent web address.
- University science departments database. It provides information on the various levels of the university science departments, science clusters, working groups. Links are provided to the scientists working in the departments, publications and projects. Each department has a permanent web address.
- Reports subsystem. The registered user can form various lists of publications and reports for the evaluation and accounting of scientific activities.
Registration of VMU scientific output
When registering a publication, submit the publication or its copy; for e-publications, the exact internet reference; for art publications − an event program that lists the artist or creator. If the publication is an integral part of a book, full source information is required (intellectual property, ISBN / ISSN / DOI, publishing data, other relevant information). You do not need to register publication published at the University.
In addition, indicate the following: research field; type of publication; databases where the publication is indexed (if available); 3-5 keywords in English and Lithuanian (if not in publication), source of financing, notes to librarian. If you are submitting a file for archiving in the VMU CRIS repository, please specify the terms of access to the publication. Copies must include full metadadata information for description of publication.
Writing of VMU affiliation
One of the key goals of Vytautas Magnus University − to increase the visibility, citation and rankings of the University researchers − aims to ensure that their publications are unambiguously linked to Vytautas Magnus University and recognized in scientific publications, databases and information systems. Therefore, it is necessary to use unified forms of writing University name. Publications written in various languages must bear the authentic name of the university in Latin and Lithuanian − Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas or Vytautas Magnus University. For additional information about city, country, address, write: Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas (Kaunas, Lietuva), Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania); addresss – K. Donelaičio St. 58, 44248 Kaunas.
VMU scientific journals
University publishes 22 peer-reviewed journals (7 of humanities, 11 of social sciences, 1 of agricultural sciences, 3 of technological sciences). 14 peer-reviewed journals are published with other institutions.
Search of VMU publications
VMU publications can be find:
Open access to science publications
Open access to science / art output is made available without prejudice of copyright and other proprietors rights. Before submitting publication to VMU e-repository for open access you can check the publisher copyright policies on the collection of author articles in institutional repositories. This information is available in website SHERPA/RoMEO. When signing a contract with a publisher, it is recommended that you sign a relevant supplement to the contract to help the author retain the right to submit his / her publications to the open access or intranet in VMU CRIS repository.
In website SHERPA JULIET you can see the requirements of research funding institutions regarding the availability of research results access and their uploading into open access repositories.
There is a possibility to assign CC licences to open publications of VMU CRIS.
For research publications registration, please contact:
|Faculty of Economics and Management, Faculty of Informatics, Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Catholic Theology, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Law, Institute of Foreign Languages||Daiva Jocienė, e-mail: email@example.com
K. Donelaičio St. 52-220, Kaunas
Tel. +370 37 327864, internal: 5411
|Agriculture Academy, Education Academy, Faculty of Natural Sciences||Renata Aleškevičienė, Laimutė Butkuvienė, Rita Rimkienė, e-mail:
Studentų St. 11-235, Akademija, Kauno r.
Tel. +370 37 752304
|Music Academy||Liudmila Sargsyan, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
V. Čepinskio St. 5-429, Kaunas
Tel. +370 37 295913, internal: 3407
For general questions about VMU CRIS, contact Library scientific communcation department.
On questions of accounting of scientific output – Karolina Čepurnienė, e-mail email@example.com, K. Donelaičio St. 52-205.
On questions of project registration – Eglė Gerulaitienė, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. (8 37) 323296 (internal: 4704), K. Donelaičio St. 52 – 206.