University community members can request items stored in open stacks and repository in advance.
Requested items loan term is:
- 1 week
- 2 weeks
- For 1 month
- For semester
- Reading in the library (items from special collections are read in the library only).
If the library doesn’t own an item you need, you can request it through an interlibrary loan from other Lithuanian or foreign libraries.
How to request items in the library?
How to login?
VMU students and staff use University e-mail login data:
User name name.surname
Password e-mail password
How do I know if an item has been requested?
Information on item request process can be seen when you log in to My account (upper menu) in Catalogue or Virtual library.
- In column Request status you’ll see the process of the request:
o In process: You have requested a free item and it will be placed on the shelf of requested items shortly.
o On hold. Pick up until 2018 09 22: Your request has been completed, you can pick it up in the library where an item is stored.
- Waiting in position 1 (2, etc.) in queue: You have requested an item which is lent to another reader, you’ll be able to borrow it when it is returned.
- Information about completed request or cancellation is also sent to your University e-mail.
Where to take requested items?
Requested items are stored for 3 working days in the library department where you requested them.
Requests are cancelled by e-mail after the deadline.
Items are lent only to the person who requested item.
Need help? Have questions?
- Facilities and study spaces
- Studies final works (ETD)