Compensatory equipment for users with special needs
Compensatory equipment has been installed in the library for users with mobility and visual impairments*:
- Height-adjustable tables, ergonomic chairs.
- Special keyboards for visually impaired, alternative computer mice.
- Video magnifiers – in Vaclovas Biržiška Library, Leonidas Donskis Library, Mykolas Romeris Library, Vincas Čepinskis Library, Agriculture Academy Library, Education Academy library.
Video magnifiers TOPAZ XL HD allow to magnify text, control its brightness, contrast, letter and background colour modes. These devices can be used for reading very small text.
- Braille embosser with acoustic cabinet – in Vaclovas Biržiška Library and Education Academy Library.
Using Braille translation software regular text documents are printed in convex Braille writing.
- Zyfuse Heater – in Leonidas Donskis Library.
The Zyfuse Heater is an innovative piece of technology which is used in conjunction with Zytex2 paper to produce tactile diagrams. The printed diagram is passed through the Zyfuse which causes the black ink to swell and form the end product of a diagram which can be examined using the hands.
- Braille writers – in Vaclovas Biržiška Library and Mykolas Romeris Library.
- JAWS 14 for Windows – in all departments
Software, analysing information on the screen and transmitting it to speech synthesizer, which converts text into sound.
- Win Talker Voice 1.6 – in all departments
Software, transforming information on computer screen to user in voice in Lithuanian.
- Easy Converter – in Vaclovas Biržiška Library.
Software, converting regular text documents to alternative formats (Mp3, audio, Braille, digital book format DAISY).
- Super Nova Magnifier – in Vaclovas Biržiška Library, Mykolas Romeris Library, Education Academy Library.
Software, that allows to magnify all the information or its parts on the screen, as well as icons, pictures, etc.
- GOODFEEL Braille Music Translator – in Music Academy Library.
The software package consists of 3 programs: translation of music scores in electronic medium into Braille and printing, program Sharp Eye Reader for scanning and recognising music scores and music editor Lime Aloud 9.
- Bellman Audio Domino Pro FM – Education Academy Library.
System is the perfect solution for people who want to hear more in difficult situations. The Domino listening system from Bellman & Symfon will help to hear better in these situations, where hearing aids alone may not always be enough.
* Project “Assurance of study accessibility for students with special needs”, State Studies Foundation
- Facilities and study spaces
- Studies final works (ETD)