User Services Department
K. Donelaičio St. 52–105
Tel.: (8 37) 327861, 5403 (internal)
Head Audronė Vaitiekaitė
The purpose of the Department is to support learning, teaching and research in the University, by developing and promoting access to information resources and also to creating a supportive learning environment.
Functions of the Department:
- Organize convenient and clear access to print and electronic documents.
- To service and consult users in physical, self-service and virtual spaces (item search, requests, lending, loan term renewal, interlibrary loan, e-communication, etc.).
- To service and consult users on the thematic collections of information resources of academic subdivisions, to ensure the availability of study literature, to focus on targeted acquisition of thematic resources (carrying out development analysis and surveys).
- Integrate with the academic community of the university in order to find out the needs of the information resources and services.
- To develop and coordinate the archiving of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs).
- To develop user literacy skills by integrating training into the study process.
- To prepare educational videos, training materials, instructions and other auxiliary materials needed for users.
- To train users to work with library equipment and technologies, manage individual / group work space orders.
- To promote library resources and services, to conduct excursions to various target groups and communities in Lithuanian, English and other languages, to organize exhibitions and events.
Structure of the Department: