In order to publish a research paper the author must submit:
- The electronic version of the paper and the appropriate press-quality illustrations (submitted separately, if there are any) (see Manuscript submission and requirements);
- Protocol extract of Faculty Council with publishing recommendation;
- Reviews. Publications are reviewed by two scientists appointed by Faculty Council. The following requirements are applied:
- Both reviewers of monograph or scientific study should be acknowledged scholars of the same science field as the author, but from other science or educational institutions (at least one reviewer of monographs in humanities and social sciences should be from other institution). Monograph or scientific study in foreign language should be reviewed by foreign scholars.
- Both reviewers of resource publication or collection of articles should be acknowledged scholars of the same science field.
- One of the reviewers of a manual should work in position of professor as the author, at least one of the reviewers should be from other science or educational institution.
- Both reviewers of study material should be scholars of the same science field, working in position of lecturer, associate professor or professor.
After submitting the necessary documents, University and the author sign agreements:
- Publishing agreement;
- E-book Licence agreement (if the author wants to publish electronic version of a research work in Vytautas Magnus University e-Publication Repository (VMU ePub) and Lithuanian Academic Electronic Library (eLABa).).
- Open Access books are published under a Creative Commons licenses.
For scientific periodicals:
- Editorial boards, when publishing scientific periodicals, refer to long-term publishing agreements with the University;
- Scientific periodical Licence agreement is signed if Editorial boards want to publish electronic versions of periodicals in VMU ePub and eLABa.