Taylor & Francis Researcher Webinar Series – March 2023
Registrations for 2023 Researcher Webinar Series, hosted by Taylor & Francis are open. There is also information such as a short description on what to expect from the webinar, as well as a biography of the speakers. The webinars will be recorded and made available to all registrants after the talks take place.
Please find below the list of events in March with registration links:
Elsevier webinars February-June 2023
The academic publishing company Elsevier invites the researchers, research managers and librarians to free online webinars. These one-hour sessions can be very helpful with staying up-to-date on the latest trends and developments as well as networking and building relationships with others in the research community.
Schedule of webinars and registration:
100 years of Lithuanian University Library
On February 3rd Library community members and Heads of Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences and Vytautas Magnus University, representatives of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport, the Vice-Minister of Culture of Lithuania and other distinguished guests commemorated the 100th anniversary of the Lithuanian University Library. Lithuanian University Library – the origins of KTU, LSMU, VMU libraries.
The celebration took place at the festivity hall of Kaunas University of Technology, where Lithuanian University Library started its activities. The concert of VMU Music Academy students led by prof. Sabina Martinaitytė and prof. Audronė Eitmanavičiūtė enlivened congratulations and reflections on the importance of the academic library today. Saxophone music (Greta Karnatkaitė) invigorated the communication between the participants of the event.
Photos from the event (photos by Jonas Klėmanas):
Taylor & Francis eBooks database opened for trial accsess
Taylor & Francis eBooks is a single destination platform with eBooks in science, technology, engineering, medical, humanities and social science. Access to the platform will allow users to search ebook content at both the book and chapter level. The trial access will be active until 30 April, 2023.
After creating your account on the Taylor & Francis, you can access the eBooks remotely. IMPORTANT: users must create their accounts while on VMU computer network.
Log in: VMU computer network
Databases and eResources for Korean Studies
Databases in Korean are subscribed to the University community:
A multidisciplinary full-text database of journal articles published by major Korean research institutions. There are over 1990 journal titles and more than 1,9 million articles included.
Log in VMU computer network
Full-text database including reference works and primary sources such as dictionaries, encyclopaedias, and archival material on Korean history, literature, civilization and medicine.
Log in VMU computer network
- KISS (Korean Information Service System)
A retrieval system for full-text of Korean academic journals, providing 1.3 million articles from 3,309 journals of 1,324 academies. The coverage is multi-disciplinary with an emphasis on social science.
Log in VMU computer network
- KSI e-books [until April, 2023]
KSI e-book is a full-text database of approx 9,000 e-books published by KSI (Korean Studies Information) on philosophy, religion, social science, natural science, engineering, arts, linguistics, literature, and history.
Log in VMU computer network
Trial for Academic Writer
The American Psychological Association (APA) Academic Writer is the tool for teaching and learning effective writing. Academic Writer is APA’s authoritative digital solution that offers a complete environment for teaching, learning, and writing academic papers.
Academic Writer is an online resource that helps to:
- support students across multiple disciplines to develop long-lasting writing skills,
- enable educators to focus on teaching their curriculum, and
- help users master the application of APA Style®.
The trial will continue until 16 March, 2023.
Log in: VMU computer network or Remote access
Library – euroCRIS member
euroCRIS is an international not-for-profit association founded in 2002 in order to bring together experts on research information in general and research information systems (CRIS) in particular. The mission of euroCRIS is to foster cooperation and knowledge-sharing across the research information community and to promote interoperability of research information through the CERIF standard, the Common European Research Information Format. Additional areas of activity also cover — among others — the (worldwide) uptake of CRIS systems by various stakeholders, research information infrastructures on an institutional, regional, national and international level, best practices in system interoperability and the use and implementation of standards in CRIS such as identifiers, formats, semantics, (controlled) vocabularies, etc. More
Subscription to the video database JoVE
JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments) is the world-leading producer and provider of science videos with the mission to improve scientific research and education. Millions of scientists, educators and students at thousands of universities, colleges, hospitals and biopharmaceutical companies worldwide use JoVE for their research, teaching and learning.
The access is provided to:
- JoVE Journal (scientific video journal, peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, indexed in PubMed and Web of Science);
- JoVE Encyclopedia of Experiments;
- JoVE Core (video textbooks which explain concepts taught in undergraduate courses through high-impact animations and real-life experiments);
- JoVE Science Education (a video library dedicated to teaching the practice and theory of scientific experiments through engaging and easy-to-understand visual demonstrations);
- JoVE Lab Manual (all-in-one solution for teaching undergraduate lab courses through engaging, comprehensive, and curriculum-focused videos for both instructors and students).
Log in VMU computer network or Remote access
Education Academy Library was given the name of Meilė Lukšienė
On December 15, the event “Waiting for Meilė Lukšienė‘s anniversary” was held in Education Academy Library, during which the library was given the name of Meilė Lukšienė.
The guests of the event were greeted by “Šviesa” ensemble. The event was opened by vice-chancellor prof. A. Raslanas, memories were shared by M. Lukšienė‘s daughter Habil. dr. Ingė Lukšaitė, prof. M. Barkauskaitė, prof. D. Survutaitė, chancellor of Education Academy prof. L. Kaminskienė. The guests got acquainted with the exhibition dedicated to this event, where M. Lukšienė‘s works, photographs and other archival material were displayed. Educacion Academy Library houses M. Lukšienė‘s personal book collection (2125 items), donated by her daughter Ingė Lukšaitė.
Photo – Martynas Musteikis
Elsevier high impact journals for trial
Elsevier has given the access to the highly-cited peer-reviewed journals:
- The American Journal of Medicine
- Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Current Biology
- Fertility and Sterility
- Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Journal of the American Pharmacists Association
- Journal of Great Lakes Research
- Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology
The trial will start on November 28th till December 16th, 2022.
Log in via VMU computer network or Remote access
- About Interlibrary Loan (ILL):
- About library
- All books
- All news
- Ask, write, call
- Changes in the work of the library
- Compensatory equipment
- Computers and other equipment
- Feedback about the library
- For research
- For studies
- Home page
- How to use information in compliance with copyright
- Interlibrary Loan Request
- Lina Bloveščiūnienė, Library Director
- Opening hours
- Purpose, amount, ways of payment of the fines:
- Responsible persons
- Self-service system of copying, printing and scanning
- Services for users with disabilities
- Settlement with the University:
- Suggestions for acquisition
- Text originality checking
- User Services Department
- VMU peer-reviewed scientific journals
- VMU science (art) publications
- Information resources
- Publishing service order
- Printing services order
- For doctoral candidates
- Catalog of publications
- Purchase and access